NRG Group of companies is a 10+ years old & fast-growing Global FMCG & EXIM company having offices in Ireland, Netherlands, and India. Dealing with its worldwide suppliers and customers.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Accountant to oversee general accounting operations by controlling and verifying our financial transactions.
Senior Accountant responsibilities include reconciling account balances and bank statements, maintaining general ledger and preparing month-end close procedures. A successful Senior Accountant combines excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to analyze financial reports and forecasts. The ideal candidate has also experience collaborating and/or managing a team of Accountants and Junior Accountants.
Senior Accountant duties also include ensuring accuracy and effectiveness in all of our accounting tasks.
- Review and manage accounts payable and receivable
- Review and analyze financial data and create reports on financial status based on the analysis results
- Create timely and accurate accounting reports and present them to the company’s executives and senior management
- Develop recommendations to optimize the company’s accounting systems and procedures and detect inaccuracies
- Support and consult the company’s personnel on accounting control procedures
- Supervise accounting assistants and bookkeepers٫ plan their work and assign tasks
- Take part in forecasting and financial standards-setting processes
- Participate in the department’s goal-setting activities and month-end and year-end close processes
- Organize financial statements and budget preparation٫ accurately and timely
- Support and oversee tax audits (both internal and external) and tax returns
- Support business processes and accounting policies and prepare corresponding documentation
- Ensure that accounting procedures comply with GAAP requirements
- Work together with financial and accounting managers to optimize financial operations
Requirements and skills
- 2+ years’ experience working on a Financial Controller٫ Accounting Supervisor٫ or Senior Accountant
- Profound experience with typical accounting procedures
- Good experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Good knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Good practical experience with accounting software packages٫ such as Tally / QuickBooks
- Good knowledge of financial accounting statements and business trends
- Good understanding of MS Office٫ especially Excel
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with accuracy and attention to detail
- BS degree in Accounting٫ Finance or other relevant areas; a certification such as CMA or CPA will be a bonus